Chronic anxiety keeps the body in a state of high alert, which takes a large toll on the body’s energy or Qi reserves.
With Qigong, we practice fundamental skills to trigger the relaxation response and activate the parasympathetic nervous system to replenish Qi, and harness our natural ability to rest and recuperate from stress.
In the Qigong for Anxiety workshop, you will learn:
· Postural alignments to maximize Qi flow;
· Breathing practices that stimulate the dan tian, the primary center of Qi energy in the body;
· Relaxation methods to check for and release physical tension;
· Meditation exercises to harmonize mental intention and guide your Qi to a balanced state;
· Simple Qigong movements that combine these requirements into a single graceful exercise.
Qigong skills can be incorporated into most sitting meditation or mindful movement practices.
Most important of all, Qigong can be used in everyday life to help you conserve energy, strengthen resolve and find balance in daily situations.